Friday, May 2, 2008

1st Ambassador's Academy

For 3 days I was blessed to be apart of a new ministry of LivingWaters that trains and equips born-again Christians to share their faith with others. When I first heard about it I was very excited. Tony Miano who is the director of the Ambassador's Academy has been a good friend of mine since mid-2006 where I met him at the Northridge mall during one of many street evangelism adventures. I had never verbally shared the gospel before that day but after truly repenting from my sins & putting my trust in Jesus alone for my salvation I wanted to obey God because I believed what Gods word said I should be doing. Mark 16:15 tells us to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature. I think of Charles Spurgeon words, "Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself, be sure of that."

Tony Miano - Ambassadors Academy

So because of the desire that God had put into my heart I wanted to attend the Ambassador's Academy so that I would be better equiped and encouraged to share my faith and to be able to boldly step up onto the box and speak to crowds of people about the Good News. The greatest fear that people have is Public Speaking. I agree, but what has caused this fear to become less of a burden is my trusting in the Lord. Philipians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Am I trusting in the Lord when I say I can't do something that is good and pleasing to God? I personally came to realization that by trusting in God I would be doing things that I never thought possible. I told God in my mind that there was no way I would ever get up on a box and preach but if it was God's will that I would do it anyways. How could I resist God who says, "With God, all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26).

Stoplight Preaching - Hollywood

So I was the first one to be accepted into the Academy. I thought of how unworthy I was to be going and personally struggled up to the day of the Academy with uncertainty of how I would participate in the 3 days of Evangelism Training, but I was certainly not disappointed with the results. The first day I got there I was sick with the flu. I bought Sudafed & Nyquil and went to my room and didn't come out until the next morning. When i had arrived I received a bag with 2 books inside plus the Academy Sylabus, sunblock and homemade cookies. Unfortunately I was too sick to make friends the first day so I would have to wait until morning.

When I woke up I introduced myself to my room mate, Steve who is the Pastor of Flatlick Church in Kentucky. We became instant friends and became an ecouragment to each other throughout the weekend even though we were not on the same team. We went down stairs and had our first free breakfeast. The food was incredible. I'm constantly reminded of how rich we are in America where we can pick and choose from a variety of foods and drinks. God has blessed us with alot. I thank Him for that.

After breakfeast we went to the room where the evangelism training took place and I sat in the front row. I had brought my video camera but unfortunately we were not allowed to video any of the class sessions. I'm actually okay with that because the 40GB of hard drive space on my camera filled up and stop just when Emeal "EZ" Zwayne closed us in prayer before Tony dismissed the class.

I'll be sharing more of my experience with the Ambassador's Academy in a future post. It is after midnight and I need to get some sleep because i'm going out to Hollywood at around noon to do some Stop-light preaching with my friend Dru Morgan who was one of the team leaders of the Ambassador's Academy. Thanks for reading.

Here is a video I took of our Team Leader "Ed Lee" giving us evangelism tips before we went out to Hollywood to share the Good News.