Sunday, May 4, 2008

Baskin Robbins Gospel

Baskin Robbins 31 Cent Sale

My good friend Tony leads a bible discussion class at Granada Hills Community Church in Granada Hills, CA., every Wednesday night between 7-9pm. This paticular night, another friend of mine, Dru came to class about an hour late and before he sat down he mentioned that Baskin Robbins was having a 31 cent sale and that there was a line of people standing outside.

Baskin Robbins Open Air Preaching 02

Tony's eyes got big and I got excited as well. 4 days ago I had just completed the Ambassador's Academy which equips and encourages believers to share their faith 1-2-1, and through open air preaching. I over came the fear of stepping on the box this last weekend and now I couldn't wait to get up on the box in front of Baskin Robbins to proclaim the Good News to people that may have or haven't heard the Gospel before.

Baskin Robbins Open Air Preaching 03

So Tony took a consensus of the class and it was unanimous. We were going to Baskin Robbins in Northridge to share the gospel. All the glory goes to God. So faith comes form hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. (Romans 10:17)

Tony, Dru and me each took a turn at sharing the Gospel and I managed to walk through part of the line that hadn't been offered a gospel tract and I got a mixed reation from the crowd. One lady agreed with the message but felt that we should have asked permission from Baskin Robbins to do what we were doing. I personally disagree with her suggestion because the area we were preaching is open to the public and if we ask permission before we preach, we'll most likely not be getting any approval because the message of the Cross is offensive and foolishness to those who are perishing. Jesus said that the door is narrow that leads to life and few will find it (Matthew 7:14).

Pray for those who heard the Gospel, that they would repent from their sins and put their trust in Jesus alone to save them.

I have to admit that getting up on the box to share the Gospel is getting alittle easier. Although my heart still pounds before I get up on the box I know that i'm capable of presenting the Gospel clearly to people that need to hear it.