Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Open Air Preaching in Glendale - 05/03/08

After spending the afternoon with Dru in Hollywood doing some stoplight preaching I went home and rested before heading out to Brand Blvd. in Glendale, California. This is one of the regular fishing holes that my good friend Tony Miano enjoys sharing the Gospel. It's turned out to be one of my favorite places as well to not only hand out tracts and engage people in spiritual conversations but also to get up on the box and share the Gospel.

BrandBl050308+068

If I put my trust in myself I would have never got up on the box. I'm a shy person that has kept to myself most of my adult life. I never thought that open air preaching would be something that I would do. I figured it was for people who had the gift. I started off by leaving gospel tracts in different places and emailing gospel messages on myspace but then I started going out to places where other evangelist witnessed to people at the mall and as scared as I was I kept showing up and over time I gained the courage through prayer, reading the bible and fellowshiping with likeminded people. It was a process that has lead me to where I am now. Still growing and learning and trusting in God to use me to bring glory to His Son Jesus Christ.

Tony Miano draws a crowd

If I constantly compared myself to others like Tony who is a warrior for Christ, I would always be depressed and discouraged but this is not how it has to be. God has chosen the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. When we are weak, He is strong. Being obedient no matter how we may feel will bring glory to God and also bring peace and joy to us who believe and trust Him.

Pastor Harka Khadka from Nepal

I met Pastor Harka Khadka who is from Nepal and I was convicted by the fact that in his Country he would be thrown in jail for sharing the Gospel in public. God has given us so much because we live in a Country that grants us free speech. If God has given us much then I believe that we should be doing much with our freedom by bringing the Good News to people while it is still legal to do so.

Chris and Joshua witnessing

Joshua on the far left came out because he is a fan of www.wayofthemasterradio.com and wanted to help hand out tracts. He got to see open air preaching for the first time and me & him got to witness with 2 guys. One of them didn't think you could be assured of your salvation but we shared with him that he could definitely know because God's word tells us. No one can snatch us from His hands. There is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

If you live in the Southern California area or plan on visiting the area then you should come down and watch or hand out tracts and possibly listen in on a witnessing conversation or open air session. We meet across the street from In 'n' Out Burger on Brand Blvd., at 6:30 and stay till 9-10pm.

Greg radio host of Last Words Radio

Last Words Radio team also comes out every Saturday night to hand out tracts, open air and get someone to be on the radio so that the gospel can be presented to them. The radio show is on KKLA 99.5FM at 10pm for 1 hour. You can also goto KKLA's web site and listen online or listen to the podcast.