Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Evangelism at Shepherd of the Hills Church

A good friend of mine Dru Morgan attends Shepherd of the Hills in Porter Ranch, California and he is a fellow evangelist that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ whenever possible. Either one-2-one or through Open Air Preaching and also through teaching Way of the Master classes at Shepherd of the Hills and weekly bible studies at his home.

Shepherd of the Hills

On the weekend of June 14-15 Dru asked me if I would promote the Evangelism One Day Crash Course during the Saturday services because Dru was a team leader for the Ambassador's Academy that weekend and would be busy with his team for the final day of the Academy that equips Christians to share the Gospel biblically the way Jesus did.

So i felt it was an honor for Dru to ask me to man the booth so I had previously purchased tracts and books for the promotion of the One Day Crash Course and was hoping I would be at the Church early but unfortunately I was 15 minutes late because I was helping out in Huntington Beach during the final day of the Ambassador's Academy.

Shepherd of the Hills

I quickly setup my table with a wide array of tracts, booklets, Way of the Master books and flyers that Shawn Walden had brought to me shortly after I arrived. With lots of different tracts on the table people spend time at the table looking which gives me time to ask them questions and present the Gospel. Shawn was very helpful and helped me promote the Evangelism Class on Saturday that is coming up this next weekend.

Not My Job

Before and after service I handed out a tract "Not My Job" designed for "Christians" that challenges them to share their faith with others.

Shepherd of the Hills


I had many great conversations with church members and I was able to take a few people through the good person test. The poster board drew people to it with curiosity and were surprised that they couldn't pass the good person test according to God's perfect standard. Compared to others we may be great people but according to God's word, no one is good, not even one (Romans 3:10).

Shepherd of the Hills

Me & Dru showed up Sunday ready to encourage Christians to share their faith. It was amazing time of fellowship and encouragement for us and those who stopped at our booth. There were 3 services Sunday morning so we had many conversations and at least a dozen people filled out the sign up sheet and many more took fliers and were asked to call Kay Norris to RSVP before the date of the class.

Shepherd of the Hills

Of course we didn't wait till Saturday to share with people how they could start up a conversation with someone by simply putting a tract in someones hand, telling them it's a gospel tract and then explain how to swing from the natural to the spiritual. Dru's oldest daughter and Cil Rivera also helped out with handing out tracts, having conversations and taking people through the good person test.

Shepherd of the Hills

By the end of the day both me & Dru were tired from the long weekend and we are definitely both thankful for God allowing us to be used for His glory. Amen.