Sunday, June 29, 2008

Hollywood & Glendale 06/28/08




Today was a beautiful day that the Lord had made and I rejoice and i'm glad in Him. I started off the day by sending out an email to my team that I will be leading during the July Ambassador's Academy and then after getting out the door late I stopped by Dru Morgan's house to pick up my new LivingWaters million dollar gospel tracts and then headed out to Hollywood to do some open air preaching and hand out gospel tracts with the hope of having conversations with people for the purpose of sharing the Gospel with them.



When I got there I used the underground parking that is provided just north of Hollywood Blvd on the west side of Highland Ave. You get your ticket as you pull in and then as soon as you walk through the mall you go straight to the Los Angeles Visitor Information booth and have them validate your ticket. I end up paying only $2.00 at the window near the escalator instead of the usual $10.00. As I was walking up the guy behind the counter already had the stamp ready. There is no need to purchase anything and I was soon off to my favorite street corner.



When I arrived to my destination there was loud music being played so I decided to head across the street where it wasn't as noisey and as soon as I got across the street and started to hand out tracts, the man selling movie star maps told me that this was his corner and that I couldn't be handing anything out because he paid a fee to be there and I had no right to be there, but I kindly told the man that it was a public sidewalk and that I was free to hand out my tracts even though he disagree with what I was doing and I began handing out tracts.

After awhile I got out my amplifier and step stool and began preaching the Gospel to people that would gather at the light. I would start off by telling people that I was handing out Million Dollar Bills and on the back it has the million dollar question. The question is, "Will you goto heaven?" Here is a quick test to see if you will go to heaven. Have you ever lied? Stolen anything? Used God's name as a cuss word? or Looked with lust at a man or woman? Then God sees you as a liar, theif, blasphemer and an adulterer at heart. If God finds you guilty of breaking His law you will end up in hell for eternity. But that's not God's will. God became a man in the person of Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, without sin and died a horrible bloody death on the cross to take upon Himself the punishment you & I deserve for breaking His perfect standard and then Jesus rose from the grave on the third day, defeating death. We broke the law but Jesus paid our fine in full. What Jesus requires of us is that we confess to God that we've sinned against Him and then repent, turn from those sins and put our faith and trust in Jesus alone to save us. Then you will pass from death to life and receive eternal life and a new heart with new desires. For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. Thank you for listening.

This went on for about a half hour when two security guards walked up and told me that businesses had been complaining that I was so loud that they were unable to do business. I certainly wasn't any louder than ever time i've been out there before and told them that i was on a public sidewalk and was within my legal right to use amplification. They disagreed and we both agreed to disagree but I decided to not get into an arguement with them and told them that I would move to the corner across the street since I had done plenty at the corner I was at already and besides, there were more people at the other corner. I mentioned my friend Tony Miano and the ministry that he founded called www.tenfourministries.org and suggested that they visit the site.



I moved across the street and Jackie who attends Shepherd of the Hills in Porter Ranch showed up to help hand out gospel tracts. She leads a group on the west side of the Valley and had told Dru that she wanted to come out and help. It was truely a blessing from God to have her there because while I was Open Air Preaching, she was passing out gospel tracts, distracting hecklers in the crowd and engaging several people in conversation using the bible for reference.



On my way to Glendale I picked up a good friend from my church, Gary who wanted to come out and help evangelize and so I was very happy that he wanted to join us in Glendale. We got there and Tony was open air preaching and me and Gary greeted other evangelist that were there and then got out our gospel tracts and started handing them out. Some wouldn't take them and others wanted more. The new million dollar bill that LivingWaters is selling on their website is now my favorite tract to hand out. I started up several conversations with people and shared the law & grace with atleast 4 people and handed out about a hundred tracts.



Greg and Tony both open air preached a couple of times and also engaged people in conversation. Since I have been open air preaching so much on Hollywood I spent my time in Glendale this evening having one-2-one conversations. God has blessed us richly with many opportunites to share the Good News of good things. I remember when me, Tony and Mike first went out to Glendale where Tony Open Air Preached, that I was thinking to myself that this might not be such a great idea but i'm glad I was wrong and since that first time we've been out on Glendale Blvd. every Saturday night proclaiming the Good News. Praise be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! Amen.