Thursday, June 12, 2008

Open Air Preaching at the NBA Finals

Staples Center

Well... I got a phone call from the Lawman Tuesday morning telling me that Steve Sanchez, Tatsuo, Tony and a few others were planning on Open Air Preaching at the Staples Center. I was excited and couldn't wait to get down there.

Tony with Giant Money

I was the first one to get there so I kind of walked around alittle and took some pictures and then Tony showed up and we started handing out Giant Money Tracts and Million Dollar Bill tracts. "Big Money for the Big Game" was our approach as people took them with a big smile.

Evangelist - Staples Center

Eventually we met up with Steve Sanchez, Tatsuo and a few more brothers and we went to the front entrance. Before I had time to think about it, Tatsuo got up on the box and was preaching to the line of people waiting to get inside. His voice carries very well and you could hear him clear across the street.

Open Air Preaching to a captive crowd

Tony then jumped up on the box and was greeted with Amen's from one Laker fan near the front of the line and also by threatening remarks from another Laker fan about halfway down the line. Tony finished preaching and we went looking for another spot.

We then moved closer to the front entrance and Tony got up on the box there and shared the Gospel and then after getting off the box he asked me if I wanted to get up on the box and preach and I said, "yeah, alright, I can do it". Here is video of me open air preaching in front of Staples Center.



Towards the end of our stay at the Staples Center, we did some Stoplight Preaching. There was a nice lady giving out newspapers that we talked with for a few minutes and then when I got up on the box and started Stoplight Preaching she told me I was blocking her stack of newspapers and that I was too loud and that I should move.

Oepn Air Preaching Staple Center

Me & Tony moved across the street to the Staple Center side at the back entrance where Tony got up on the box and open air preached a guy by the name of Tommy walked up and had a conversation with Tony. He professed to be an atheist. Read Tony's blog for more detail.