Sunday, June 8, 2008

Most Expensive Place On Earth

So the weekend of June 1st I was asked by my sister and brother-in-law to come to Disneyland to celebrate my nephews 3rd birthday. To be honest, I wasn't really excited about going to the so called "Happiest place on earth" because it's definitely far from that, the title of this blog should give you a clear idea what I really think. Don't get me wrong, if I was a kid, I would be overwhelmed with joy and excitment of going to Disneyland but would be completely oblivious to the amount of money that it cost and the sacrifice that my parents would make physically for taking me there. Ofcourse now that i'm an adult I can look at things from a different perspective not only as an adult but also as a believer in Jesus Christ.

ATM

I decided to make the best of things so I brought gospel tracts along with me and as we walked through the park and stood in line I would drop tracts to the ground and place them in strategic locations where people would pick them up.

woman disneyland 01

At City Hall, I set a tract on the concrete ledge and watched from a distance and a lady and her daughter noticed the gospel tract that I had left on the ledge and stood there for a couple of minutes staring at the bill just laying there and eventually picked up the bill and walked away with a smile on her face.

woman disneyland

I kinda feel sorry for my brother-in-law because sometimes when I dropped a gospel tract on the ground a person would pick it up and run back to him try to give it back to him because they thought he dropped it. This happened atleast 3 times so decided I would be more careful not to place them any where near my brother-in-law.

Towards the end of the day near Star Tours I let a tract drop to the ground and as we began to leave some guy walked up and picked up the tract and with a condescending voice told his friend, "Just what I thought, it's another one of those tracts. This sets a such a bad example for Christians". I wasn't surprised by his reaction but i didn't say anything because I didn't want to draw attention to myself and end up in an argument with someone that clearly doesn't understand that the word of God accomplishes what pleases God and not man, so i held my tongue so that I could get more tracts out and hoped that the man would read the gospel tract and become humbled by the law of God and repent from his sins and put his faith & trust in our Lord Jesus Christ. Faith comes by hearing and by hearing the word of Christ. (Romans 10:17).

After hearing how Mark Spence, the dean of the School of Biblical Evangelism picked up a gospel tract off the ground, read it, got saved and is now apart of the LivingWaters team has inspired me that simply leaving a tract for someone else to pick up and read is not in vain. It is the power of God unto salvation.

As the day ended, I was noticably tired because of the Ambassador's Academy on Saturday in Huntington Beach had really taken a toll on me. I wasn't really happy with myself taking a day off from Church to attend Disneyland but I used that time to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ.