Saturday, July 19, 2008

No Condemnation - Hollywood July 19, 2008

Today was one of those days where I got up and was experiencing lower back pain so I wasn't really planning on getting to Hollywood on time but when Dru called me and told me that a couple of people had told him that they would be out there, I kicked myself in high gear, got ready and got down there.



Some things that I like to point out to people that plan to come out is where to park and where to get your ticket validated. The place to park is just North of Hollywood Blvd on Highland Ave. Parking is just $2.00 with validation for 4 hours.



You goto the Los Angeles Inforamtion Center just inside the large opening to the Kodak Theatre. In the picture it is on the left side behind the Kiosk.




So I walked to the corner of Hollywood & Highland and found Jackie witnessing to one of the guys from the Kiosk set at the corner selling windspinners and roller shoe skates. Jackie is so on fire for God and I am constantly amazed by her energy and knowledge for Gods word as she speaks to people while sharing the Good News.



Jackie had a friend with her but apparently when I got there she left. She had never done evangelism before but Jackie said that she had been asking for awhile that she needed to come out so she did managed to hand out some tracts. I can imagine that the way people were treating her probably made her feel very uncomfortable. That is some thing I had to overcome because I do not like it when people ignore me or talk bad about me, especially when they blaspheme God. But this is what people will do. Jesus said , ""If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you."(John 15:18)Persevere, overcome, stand firm in the faith because the righteous are as bold as a lion!



So I got up on the box and began to preach the word. Sharing the bad news first and then sharing the Good News next. How will they understand the cure if they don't understand the disease? A lot of people heard the Gospel today. There were several people cursing God's name as I spoke the truth in love. I begged with those who were blaspheming to stop and repent because they did not realize what they were doing and would face God on judgement day whether they believe in Him or not.



After about an hour, I decided that we should cross the street so we did and found a great spot where I could have a tiny bit of shade. I got up on the box and began to preach again as Jackie continued to hand out gospel tracts. It's such a blessing to have another laborer out there with you because not only for encouragement but also to hand out tracts, back you up in conversation and prayer.



Another wonderful blessing that we enjoy but doesn't happen as often is when someone approaches you and encourages you for preaching the truth. Several people thanked us verbally or in one case me and another guy pumped fists and said amen. One gentleman by the name of Dan stopped and asked us what ministry we were with. I told him I was from Granada Hills Community Church and Jackie said she was from Shepherd of the Hills. I told him we are involved with a ministry called Way of the Master. I encouraged him to share his faith and he told me of friends of his who do the same thing we do up in San Fransico. Praise God!



The highlight of the day was when a lady by the name of Michelle walked up with a sincere look on her face and struck up a conversation with Jackie. She had been watching in the background and was encouraged and was looking for a church near by in Hollywood so I recommended to her www.thehollywoodchurch.com. The Church is located on Hawthorn & N. Gardner. One of the pastors there taught a Bible Study Methods class at Cornerstone's Eternity Bible College where I attended for a semester.

Jackie and I encouraged this lady to get into fellowship at a local church and read her bible daily. She said she had a bible at home but i asked her if she would like another one and she said yes with a big smile. We agreed that we cannot have too many bibles. I try to bring a bible to give away each weekend and so I pulled it out and Jackie opened the bible to a couple key verses of scripture because Michelle was struggling with her assurance.



Jackie spoke out loud for everyone to hear these words of Jesus,

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. "I and the Father are one." (John 10:27-30)



and also Romans

"Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written, "FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG; WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED." But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."(Romans 8:33-39)



This woman was crying and thanking us for sharing these verses with her. She hugged us both a couple of times and I gave her a card from my church with my name and phone number in case she wanted to get a hold of me. Jackie prayed with her and people were watching. Michelle looked over and notice a group of people smiling and she said, "They must be Christians because they are smiling" and she laughed.



It was a beautiful experience. I haven't felt goose bumps like that in awhile. It was very moving and I pray that God is using her for His glory. I thank God for the boldness that He has given me & Jackie to be out there today to proclaim the Good News.

The day isn't over yet because after heading home I'm planning on going back out to Glendale to meet up with my good friend and fellow evangelist Tony Miano and the Last Words Ministry Crew, Leon, Dede and several other Christians for some Trivia Open Air, One-2-One conversations and gospel tract distribution. Until the nets are full. Amen!