Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hollywood June 02, 2007

Hi everybody. I just wanted to share with all of you what I did on the Saturday of June 02, 2007. This is an adventure that I shared on Adventures in Christianity web site and would like to share some of my more memorable moments on Hollywood with everyone that happens to read my blog.

I headed out to Hollywood Blvd again in Hollywood and stood by the Graumans Chinese Theatre and handed out large hundred dollar bills that have the gospel message on the back. People walk by and I just say, "Excuse me, did you get your big money yet?" "It's great when you get the change" When one person takes it then several others follow right behind and ask for one. Kids ask their parents if they can take one.

Anyways. I had prayed earlier for a divine appointment to share the gospel and it happened. Prayer works. God may say yes, He may say no, or He may say wait a minute. I had ran out of big 100 dollar bills so I got out my tickets to heaven from www.customtractsource.com and began asking people if they would like a free ticket to heaven. Some took them but most just walked by. I occasionally suggested that if they were not interested in the ticket to heaven that they might check out the ticket to hell on the other side. Ofcourse no one wants to go to hell. As John MacArthur said, "People are not saying, "Lets all go to hell" Nobody is saying, "Lets drink some poision and goto hell". Everybody wants to goto heaven and most people think they are by their own goodness but ofcourse in Isaiah 66:4 God has written, "And all our righteous deeds are like filthy rags."

Most people that I tried to give a tract either said they were already going there or that they had already been to hell as if hell wasn't any thing to worry about any more. The bible says that God has appointed a time in which He will judge the world in righteousness (Psalm 9:8). That is a serious statement. God is perfect, Holy & just and the thought of standing before God who will not wavier from the truth is frightning if Jesus Christ does not know us. Maybe you've read Matthew 7:21-23 where Jesus said, "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven {will enter.} Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS."

Many of the people I tried to give tracts to didn't want it, laughed and joked about it. One guy took a tract and threw it in the trash can next to me. I finally managed to stop a guy who thought I was handing out a movie ticket. I explained to him that it was a gospel tract. He responded by saying that he was a pagan. I responded, "Oh, do you consider yourself to be a good person?" He said that he thought he was so I asked him if he ever told a lie. He said yes. I asked him what does that make you when you tell a lie. He responded, "Human". I asked him, "what would you call me if I told you a lie?" He responded "Human". I gave him a hint by saying, "It starts with the letter L" He then said "Liar" His mouth was shut. He didn't try to justify himself. I then asked him if he had stolen anything. He said yes and so I asked him what does that make you. He said thief. I then asked him if he had ever looked with lust at a women. He said yes. He then added that he had commited murder (He served 10 months in Iraq recently).

I didn't act surprised but I responded that God sees hatred as the same as murder. He agreed by shaking his head yes. I asked his name which he told me was Trauma. I then told him by his own admission that he was a liar, thief, adulterer and a murderer at heart and would have to face God on Judgement Day. I then went through grace with Trauma because he was not justifying himself. He appeared humble and listening to my every word. After speaking with him, I thanked him for serving our country. He really appreciated that and we shook hands three times before we said goodbye. God is amazing & merciful. No one can come to Jesus unless the Father who sent Him, draw us to Jesus Christ (John 6:44).

I always stress the fact to other Christians that it is not our responsiblitity to get people saved because only God saves (John 6:44). We share the word of Christ, because faith comes by hearing (Romans 10:17). Because God is the only one that can draw a man to Christ and Jesus is the only way to heaven (John 14:6) then it's by Gods grace which is a free gift not earned by anything that we say, do or feel on our own so that no man may boast of something he has done. Jesus said to Nicodemus in John 3:3 " "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a man is born again he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." We must be born again and no human being can because they are slaves to sin and dead in their transgressions (Ephesians 2:5). Thanks be to God and our Lord Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit be all the glory. Amen.