Friday, October 10, 2008

Fire at Pacoima Middle School

Pacoima Middle School Fire

I was in the living room when I heard a helicopter outside so I decided to grab my camera and hop into my truck and follow the helicopter and followed him to the scene of my Junior High School that I haven't attended in more than 20+ years.

Pacoima Middle School Fire

There was a fire in the Auditorium so I was able to park close by and take some pictures of the fire fighters that were on the scene trying to put out the fire. It was estimated that there were 122 fire fighters there fighting the blaze.

Pacoima Middle School Fire

It's kinda hard to imagine so many of them at one location but when spread out there doesn't appear as many as you would think. As Christians we should also spread out within an area and cover more ground so that we reach more people with the Gospel. Of course there will be times when we are physically alone but we have the Lord who is our strength.

Pacoima Middle School Fire

After taking several pictures I went back to my truck and digged through my truck for gospel tracts to hand out and then walked back to the scene and started handing out MDB's and large $1000 tracts to everyone as I walked by. Some thing that you will notice at the scene of an accident or fire or any type of incident that draws a crowd is that people are just standing there.

Pacoima Middle School Fire

Walk up and stick your hand out in confidence and put the gospel tract in front of them and ask them, "Did you get one of these?" or, "Here's something to read while your watching" or whatever else that you can think of at the moment. I noticed that out of all the people that I handed out tracts was that none of them said no and if they did I would simply have told them to have a nice day.

Pacoima Middle School Fire

Some may say the fire was a total loss but I believe it differently. As I was leaving a lady who had received a tract from me asked me for more gospel tract so I gave her more and she told me she was a Sunday School teacher and wanted to give the tracts to the kids in her class and said that this was exactly what the kids needed to read. She was very encouraged by what the Lord had me doing out there through me. We may never know until we get to heaven what our labor for the Lord could be used for.

Pacoima Middle School Fire

Until the Lord's nets are full, lets find ways to tell someone. When all else fails, use the Word of God. In season and out of season.

So whenever you see something that may be drawing a crowd, be ready. Don't hesitate, don't quit. Grab your tracts and go hand them out while there's still time.