Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Nov 28 2008

Burbank Town Center Nov 28 2008

I decided to head out to Burbank Town Center on Black Friday to share the gospel. I brought my easel with two poster boards. One of the boards has an intelligence test on each side and the other board has the Good test challenge where I take people through the good person test. I gave away my foldaway stool so I bought another one and I have a back pack that I'm able to carry my PA, microphone, bible, tracts and camera.

Burbank Town Center Nov 28 2008

My friend Dru Morgan who is the co-host of www.lastwordsradio.com on 99.5 KKLA carpooled with me to Burbank and I set up and I drew my first crowd by offering money for trivia. I used the trivia from my open air book from the Ambassador's Academy and $1.00 bills to get people to stop.

Burbank Town Center Nov 28 2008

A young lady that was on her break got one of the answers right and then said she was going to stick around to find out what I was attempting to do. After several more $1.00 bills were given away I offered a $5.00 gift card to Starbucks to anyone that could prove to me that they were a good person. The young lady said she was good and so I took her through the good person test.

She admited to me that she was a liar, theif and a blasphemer at heart and that when she faced God on judgement day that she would be guilty and end up in hell forever.

As I began to share the Good News with her that is when things changed not only for her but the rest of the crowd. Whenever the name of Jesus is mentioned people start to walk away and this is what that young lady did. I had told her the bad news but because she really didn't understand that she was dead in her sins (Ephesians 2:1) she wasn't interested in the Good News because it was foolishness to her.

"For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

A few people did stay and listen to the Good News. A seed was also planted in that girls heart and someone else may water that seed but only God causes it to grow.

Jesus said, "No one can come to Me unless the Father draws him and I will raise him up on the last day" (John 6:44)

I spoke to many others that night. The sign i setup is used to draw people and engage them in conversation. When my friend Dru had to leave I was thinking I would be all alone and as I turned around after taking a sip of my coffee there was a group of 15 kids standing there laughing and wanting to take the intelligence test. I took all 15 of them through the Good Person test but picked out one kid to receive the gift card I had and some of the kids seemed concerned and all were thankful that I shared with them what I beleived.

I asked them if they liked Science and they all said, "Yeah", so I gave them "Scientific Facts in the Bible" by Ray Comfort which has many scientific facts written long before they were discovered by so-called modern science and a gospel presentation at the end of the booklet.

Burbank Town Center Nov 28 2008

I had many other conversations and my good friend Tony Miano and his daughter came out and handed out several hundred Christmas gospel tracts that evening.

Burbank Town Center Nov 28 2008

Burbank Town Center Nov 28 2008

I'm praying for Miguel, Crystal, Erin, Derrick, Daniel and many others that heard the truth in love. As a Christian it is important to not water down the gospel. We don't make it palatable so people will like us or Jesus.

Jesus said, "The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify of it, that its deeds are evil. (John 7:7)

Scripture is clear.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..." (Proverbs 1:7)

And Jesus said, "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28)

www.needgod.com