Friday, June 18, 2010

Lakers vs Celtics Game 7 Reconciliation Outreach

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God" 2 Corinthians 5:17-20

I asked Steve Sanchez if he was planning to attend the pre-game festivities at Staples Center and upon his response that he would be at Staples Center before Game 7 I made plans to attend.

I got there some time after 4pm. A lot of traffic and a lot of police. Way more than last time. Took pictures and I walked around and encouraged the Christians that were holding signs. Christians that don't participate should at least approach these Christians and offer them encouragement. Quote scripture to them that lifts their spirit and give them some thing to drink if you have it.





I found Steve preaching close to the previous location where me and Tony preached the last time at Staples Center which was also Lakers vs Celtics. Handed out some tracts. There was one guy with a huge bible.



There were a lot of police out there but they didn't attempt to stop us and one of them took a tract from me.



Steve found a great spot for me to preach. For Steve this would be a simple task but for me, Honestly, I was nervous and fumbled a bit with my words as I preached for about 90 seconds and then the police asked me to stop and to move to the curb and I said okay and they thanked me for cooperating with them. Me and Steve retreated to another spot where were were able to continue to share the Word of Christ. Steve preached and the police asked him to stop using amplification so he preached Whitfield style.



Steve then had to gather up his team to leave and so I handed out some more tracts and then pulled out my two-edged sword (the bible) and read from Romans Chapter 1-2, engaged a small crowd in debate and handed out Celebrity Millions.

Read Steve Sanchez blog post about the event and follow-up at the Lakers Parade
Laker Victory!