Monday, April 4, 2011

NoHo Evangelism 4/4/2011

A Young Man's Invitation to a Life of Sacrifice from HeartCry Missionary Society on Vimeo.

After watching this video I felt the need to go out and preach the Gospel. So....


I went to North Hollywood by myself today and I stood on the other side of the red sign at the bus stop and I set my tracts down beside me and I looked around and then I prayed that God's will be done and then I introduced myself to the crowd and began to read the book of Galatians while transitioning from reading the Scripture to exhortation and teaching. 4/4/2011

"...give attention to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation and teaching." 1 Timothy 4:13

While I was reading the Scriptures this nice lady who said she was an Orthodox Christian came up to me and she had many questions as well as suggestions for me to follow. She listened and she appeared to agree with me on certain things but I was concerned for her because she claimed to have visions of angles and Jesus and I told her that Satan himself disguises himself as an angel of light. (2 Corinthians 11:14) I gave her directions to my Church because she was seeking financial help. I wasn't sure of what the Church could actually do for her since she is looking for someone to take care of her by paying her bills each month. I also invited her to come back next Monday and I would talk with her more. 

While I was having the conversation with the lady another man kept coming up and interrupting us and trying to teach the lady some thing from the bible. I then interrupted the man and asked him if he was a Christian and he said, "Yes" and I then asked him why was he interrupting me as I was sharing the teachings of God with her and the man stopped talking to her and he apologized and stepped back in regret and I reached out and shook his hand to let him know I forgave him for that. He was sorry about it and left us alone to talk as the lady also had tried several times to stop the man from interrupting us. I'm thankful to God for the opportunity to go out and proclaim the truth of God's Word.